Housing Land Supply (Ravenswood) Order 2022
50 Wildor Crescent, Ravenswood
What's new? Consultations have now closed on the proposed Housing Land Supply Order under the Housing Land Supply Act 2018. Submissions are currently being reviewed and a report will be prepared for the Minister for Planning to consider tabling the proposed Order in Parliament.
Consultation period: CLOSED
Details of the proposed Order
- The site is currently zoned Rural Resource and development of the site for residential housing is prohibited under the zone.
- The proposed Order, if approved, will result in part of the land being rezoned from Rural Resource to the General Residential Zone.
- Rezoning the land will enable the Department of Communities Tasmania to increase their supply of social and affordable housing within the Launceston municipality.
Details of the site
- The proposed Order relates to approximately 12.5 hectares of land located at 50 Wildor Crescent, Ravenswood and described by FR 180099/2.
- The land is owned by the Crown and managed by the Department of Natural Resources and Environment Tasmania (DNRET – formerly DPIPWE).
- The area of land in the proposed Order has potential to yield up to approximately 158 housing lots dependent on the type of development proposed and addressing the requirements of the Tasmanian Planning Scheme through the Launceston Local Provisions Schedule and the State Planning Provisions.
- Further details of the site are contained in the attached reports.
The proposed Order and the Minister for Planning's statement of reasons can be viewed below:
- Consultation Package – including proposed Order, Minister’s Statement of Reasons and frequently asked questions (PDF, 580.9 KB)
- Planning Submission report prepared by Pitt & Sherry for the Department of Communities Tasmania (PDF, 24.7 MB)
The public are invited to make submissions in relation to the proposed Order within the exhibition period.
Making a submission
Submissions may be made with respect to the relevant matters specified in section 13(2) of the Housing Land Supply Act 2018.
The relevant matters are as follows:
- the suitability for residential use of the area of land;
- the suitability of the intended zone; or
- whether the Minister would, or would not, contravene section 5(2) or section 6(1) or (2) of the Housing Land Supply Act 2018 by making a housing land supply order.
Have your say
Consultation will be open for 28 days and the closing date for submissions is 5pm on Tuesday 1 November 2022. You can have your say by making a written submission and posting or emailing it to our Office before the consultation period closes.
State Planning Office
Department of Premier and Cabinet
GPO Box 123
HOBART TAS 7001