- Tasmanian Planning Reform - An Overview. Fact sheet 1 (pdf, 169.4 KB)
This fact sheet provides an overview of the planning reform being undertaken by the Tasmanian Government.
- Overview of the Tasmanian Planning Scheme. Fact sheet 2 (pdf, 318.6 KB)
What is the Tasmanian Planning Scheme? The Tasmanian Planning Scheme is the single statewide planning scheme which provides a set of statewide consistent planning rules and replaces the 30 interim planning schemes operating in Tasmania.
- State Planning Provisions - Coastal Hazards - August 2021 (PDF, 344.9 KB)
Prepared by the Department of Justice, Planning Policy Unit to provide an overview of the coastal hazard codes in the SPPs and how they operate in conjunction with the building regulations.
- New Rural and Agriculture Zones (pdf, 107.9 KB)
A fact sheet explaining the new Agriculture and Rural Zones under the Tasmanian Planning Scheme, and how the new zoning affects land use.
- Residential development. Tasmanian Planning Scheme Fact sheet 3 (pdf, 168.6 KB)
The Tasmanian Planning Scheme provides for housing across 14 Zones. The three main residential zones include the General Residential Zone, Inner Residential Zone and the Low Density Residential Zone.
- Rural and agriculture. Tasmanian Planning Scheme Fact sheet 4 (pdf, 193.1 KB)
The Tasmanian Planning Scheme includes two zones for managing our rural and agricultural areas, the Rural Zone and the Agriculture Zone.
- Business and commercial. Tasmanian Planning Scheme Fact sheet 5 (pdf, 186.5 KB)
The Tasmanian Planning Scheme includes a suite of six zones that broadly provide for business and commercial activities.
- Rural living areas. Tasmanian Planning Scheme Fact sheet 6 (pdf, 162.9 KB)
Under the Tasmanian Planning Scheme, the Rural Living Zone will continue to provide for residential use or development on large lots in a rural setting.
- Heritage. Tasmanian Planning Scheme Fact sheet 7 (pdf, 191.7 KB)
The Local Historic Heritage Code in the Tasmanian Planning Scheme provides a single statewide code for regulation and protection of heritage significance, in a clear, consistent way which provides certainty for all Tasmanians.
- Natural assets. Tasmanian Planning Scheme Fact sheet 8 (pdf, 226.9 KB)
The Natural Assets Code in the Tasmanian Planning Scheme provides consistency across the State regarding the protection of important natural values and recognises of the significant role that other State and Commonwealth legislation has in biodiversity conservation.
- Parks and reserves. Tasmanian Planning Scheme Fact sheet 9 (pdf, 198.6 KB)
Under the Tasmanian Planning Scheme, land within national parks and public reserves are to be zoned Environmental Management. This includes land reserved under the Nature Conservation Act 2002 and within the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area.
- Tourism industry. Tasmanian Planning Scheme Fact sheet 10 (pdf, 206.4 KB)
Under the Tasmanian Planning Scheme, there will be a high degree of certainty, consistency and clarity for investors and operators in the tourism industry, and for home owners wanting to share their home for visitor accommodation.