State Planning Provisions
The State Planning Provisions came into effect on 2 March 2017 as part of the Tasmanian Planning Scheme, but they have no practical effect until a Local Provisions Schedule is in effect in a municipal area.
The State Planning Provisions provide a consistent set of planning rules for 23 generic zones and 16 codes making up a suite of controls that can be applied by local councils.
- Download the State Planning Provisions (PDF, 3.3 MB), effective from 20 July 2022
- Download for previous State Planning Provisions (PDF, 3.4 MB), effective from 19 February 2020 to 19 July 2022
- Amendment 01-2017 – effective 19 April 2018
- Amendment 01-2018 – effective 19 February 2020
- Amendment 01-2021 - effective 20 July 2022
(PDF, 185.8 KB)
A series of fact sheets and frequently asked questions are available that set out how the State Planning Provisions address particular matters such as